TED is a nonprofit organisation devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world.
TED has become a launching point for some interesting soul searching, creating within many a desire to learn more about things that matter outside of their own world.
TED was originally the brainchild of Richard Saul Wurman, who began TED in 1984. In 2001, TED was acquired by Chris Anderson, who oversees all of the TED conferences today and acts as the curator for the thousands of TED talks that can be viewed at TED.com.
- Sir Ken Robinson - Do Schools Kill Creativity?
- Barry Schwartz - The Paradox of Choice
- Dan Pink - The Puzzle of Motivation
- Simon Sinek - How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Brene Brown - The Power of Vunerability